Thursday 1 September 2016

Contraband

Contraband  01.09.16

I carry contraband. I have left morocco, sri lanka, australia, tunisia, faroe islands with similar but will the danish authorities let me escape. It didnt even occur to me until after i had made my purchase, and he wrapped them in a plastic bag but they popped out the end and he pointed and said 'politi' ah right, yeah ok, ill turn them upside down so its now just the bag thats poking out the top of my day sack. I have treasure.

 I wondered how i might find 26 norresgarde when it was all low rise apartment blocks but then an old single storey appeared in the middle of it all and when i went round the back i knew i was in the right place, felt very at home..


Not for the first time did i wish i could speak danish. I've no idea mostly what Hans was trying to tell me but his generosity knew no bounds. I chose three number plates, asked how much and he said free. Free? It was only after that, that he brought out his real old treasures and i had no hesitation in buying one, i think its almost enamel! I know its heavy!

He had many plates from many countries, some were treasures for him but many could have been giveaways, he had a UK BJ plate that i said came from suffolk. I think he wanted to give it to me but i am unsure, it was screwed onto his ceiling so i didn't really understand. I wonder why i dont scour scrap yards at home for old plates, only abroad.

ended up with a car, a van, a trailer, all pre EU plates,  a much older plate as well as one german one, after all, i did go to Sylt for the day!

He took me indoors, showed me around, tried to tell me so very very much but i could not understand. I try to work out the beauty, the happen chance nature, the camarderie of the interactions but i cannot do so.  Things that are meant to be are meant to be.