Tuesday 2 August 2016

Missing water

Missing water 02.08.16

I look out of the broad first floor window over the village and on to both the harbour and the ocean. I can see the ferry dock, the women when they swim, the shipping moving in and out of Torshavn. One of the things on my 60 to do in my 60s list was to live by water for two weeks.

I think i can tick that one off. I like the expanse, the movement of the water and i realised just how much i missed it when watching a small waterfall, out walking with nicola and poppy yesterday, just before leaving.

Im sitting on our balcony. Hannes is resting after a long week of night shifts. The other guests are out for the day and i have peace.


Im hatching a plan. I am now free to enjoy the island and to be a tourist when i leave. Perhaps i will take the thirty four hour ferry to denmark, explore around skagen then lighten my load and on to copenhagen. Perhaps. Thats my plan for the day. I will sit with it.