Saturday 20 August 2016

Nostalgia

Nostalgia  20.08.16

Often times, travelling people are so very very important....

This morning to my Nolsoy fb swimming pals.

Dear, dear Nolsoy friends, many of you asked why I was there and I didn't really know. Now I do. I needed permission to leave home. I have felt duty bound as a daughter, a wife and most recently by being a mother. The softness of Denmark after the Faroes has allowed me time to decide to move house when I go home. I will move to Cornwall and live by the sea. My time in Nolsoy allowed me to do a lot of writing and thinking. Thank you for having me. Xxxxxx

And this evening to my host on Nolsoy....

Hi  'Jalka'
Is this Hannes or Sari? Or neither of you, just a made up email address for airbnb stuff?

Jeez, im missing you and Nolsoy this evening, i haven't done so up until now.
I have loved Denmark's beautiful softness and colours this week, its as though i found the Faroes oppressive with its harsh mountains, perhaps thats why i loved Nolsoy so much with its softer terrain and the necessity to travel on water which gives a wider perspective.

I have abandoned all my travelling plans and agreements to meet up with couchsurfers from the past. Im still in Skagen which is where i came to when i first left you. I move on tomorrow for four nights to Aarhus then a week in Ribes and two weeks in Faaborg until i go home. But home will not be home for long.

All my writing while i was at yours and my softer reflecting through the light and the space and the sand of Denmark have given me permission to leave home. That may sound strange, call it mid life crises if you like. I love that my children love and want to see me and sometimes look to me for advice but have somehow felt trapped in my life being a daughter, a wife, a mother but wanting just to be me, feeling i lost out on teenage years of freedom. Being away and remembering my freedom from my year in Australia through writing has made me realise i need to move on.

I have booked myself a caravan in Cornwall for a month in October which gives me two weeks in September to tie up things i need to do at home and also time when i get there for me to find a suitable rental for the winter and see where my life goes from there.

Thank you so much for your acceptance and warmth, i loved staying with you. Im thinking Juan or Lionel, what ever he calls himself, may be playing in Maggies tonight or tomorrow, sorry I'm not there to hear him, hope it goes well. Im listening to Lyon at the moment, love him to bits.

Love and hugs, you guys have helped give me the space i needed to make decisions for my future. You have been the most important part of the Faroes for me. Come visit me one day... Where ever i may be!! 

Are either of you on Facebook? Ive tried looking for Jalke Perhe but of course you dont exist!! Im just me, Tina Potter, wearing my purple hat. xx