Thursday 14 July 2016

Self Indulgence

Self Indulgence 14.07

May I show you my home while I wait for my eggs to boil? 😍

Kitchen cupboards hold spices, olive oil, pasta, teabags, new potatoes (now shooting), crispy dried fried onions, crunchy biscuit topping, dry breadcrumbs. Left overs from other visitors who have stayed here.



The first time that my belongings are ordered and away, my bed made and my pack under the bed, no longer the receptacle for my clothes.


The shower is spacious and there is a lip to prevent water spelling over on to the drying space which has underfloor heating.

This will be my breakfast spot today

Tomorrow, or later, maybe I will eat here. Elderflower blossom is just coming in to bloom.

Potatoes growing in tubs on the verandah.

Campanula, my favourite. Home from home.


I'm not fond of hydrangeas but pink and small this is pretty rather than brash.


I've just met Heidi in the garden and tell her how peaceful I am here and how I love it. I know she is booked for the rest of July but ask whether she has space in August. Yes she says, but she will not be home, I will have to look after myself. 

A plot begins to hatch. Maybe I can take bookings for her and care for it in exchange for rent. Or maybe negotiate a reduced rent. Maybe I can bring all my Australian and Finnish journals over with me after returning home for Bens memorial weekend and use the time to write. 

Maybe maybe maybe. 

One day at a time. Some times things are meant to be.