Friday 22 July 2016

Tired

Tired  22.07.16

I am so tired i forget from one moment to the next what i want to say. It was something about planning on practicing being away from home for three months, something perhaps to repeat each year, help me to appreciate what i have when i am home.

I spent a long time in my first year of retirement half heartedly looking for a bolthole that i could afford but cabins at Hemsby and static caravans at Hunstanton were the only things to come up, over and over. In fairness i never actually went and looked but dont think it would quite do it for me. Maybe that's an idea though, actually go and see. Then i played with the idea of a van i could sleep in but that didnt happen either. Im still seeking something.

Maybe it might be the development of a skill, a study course, something to structure my time. I fill my time easily at home, over fill it, but there is something satisfying about the focus involved when engaged in something outside of myself. I feel a lack of otherness, there is only me. So when i say i have come away to escape committments, I think I may really mean to escape from me.

If i were home i would read jonathon livingston seagull and the little prince right now. They might help to ground me.